Windows to the World:
Networking FSMLs to Address Environmental Change
September 20th to 24th, 2014
This will be the first joint meeting of the two organizations since their founding. Annual Meetings represent an important networking and learning forum for both memberships.
- Online Registration form
- Meeting Program
- Travel Information
- Field Trip Information
- Hotel/Lodging Information
Registration for the meeting may include lodging, or you may choose to stay at a local hotel or Bed and Breakfast. Indicate your preference on the meeting registration form. Meeting Registration, Meals, and No Housing is $330.00.
The two societies were motivated to plan a joint meeting for many reasons. From the Strategic Vision document (supported by the National Science Foundation under Grant No. DBI-1126161):
- Positioning complex infrastructure of FSMLs for changing needs of science
- Desire to focus on commonalities associated with place-based research and education
- Increasing demand for knowledge and education about the environment
- Benefits of stronger networking in order to facilitate science and education on greater spatial and temporal scales
- Increasing cost of infrastructure combined with relatively flat federal budgets for science
We hope you will join the conversation with us at Woods Hole!